Sunday, April 28, 2013

Personal Cleanliness

Rise early in the morning at 3:30 am.
Chant the holy names of the Lord as soon as you raise from the bed.
Cleanse yourself.
Take Bath. (Cold water bath is recommended).
Çréla Prabhupäda recollects: I was taking early bath. Now I do not take, because due to my health. That is because... Otherwise regularly I was taking. Not even hot water. Regularly. This hot water bath I have begun in your country, otherwise I have never taken. Even in severest cold. Here also I am trying to avoid. I am keeping tub of water sunshine. Whatever littlewarm may become, that's all. [Room Conversation, March 15, 1974, Våndävana]
Tie çikhä. Put on fresh cloth. Apply Tilaka.
Note: One should take bath after: a) Rising in the morning b) Evacuating c) Vomitting d) Shaving e) Cutting finger nails or toe nails f) Brushing the teath g) Long naps h) Coming back from outside. If one happens to touch stool, dead body, women in her mestrual cycle or a dead animal or its fat or bones, he should take bath to purify himself from the contamination.
Keep teeth brushed after each meal.
Keep your finger nails clean and trim.
Practice washing hands after eating. Even after drinking water we should wash hands.
Wash hands with soap and water after toilet. Then wash feet, face and mouth.
Wash your clothes daily; especially any cloth used to sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment